Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Is Risen


If today is not the day we celebrate in the most extravagant way, as Christians--then we are missing the point. Today is the day the Lord our God conquered death for us ALL.

As the light is increasing on this rainy Easter morning in Central California, I am so grateful for the amazing and unexpected ways this living God has entered into my life.

Below is a poem I wrote in 2011 as the sun came up on Easter morning. Today as I heard the birds begin to sing, I was reminded of that day. It seems that  lifetime has past between then and now, but the miracle of what Easter means has only increased. The Jesus I knew two years ago is the same, but so many of the scales that were covering my eyes have fallen, and I know Him better and see Him more clearly than ever.

God still performs miracles. Happy Easter!


Resurrection Wonder

I wonder how it felt to see Jesus on that dusty road to Emmaus?
To say you knew Him when He walked among us?
To see Him whole and perfect standing on that road
I wonder about, and envy, those who got to see
To hear His voice and see His face--the man from Galilee.
I wonder how it felt to see Jesus, to share some fish and wine with God?
To touch His hands and see His side and hear Him say those words.

They say, that even then, some did not believe.
Do you think He touched them gently and His love they did receive?
Did Mary weep and hug her friend knowing it was true?
That God did so love the world and chose to enter in,
To put on flesh and be betrayed because of our own sin.
I wonder if birds sang more beautiful than before?
If the sun shone brighter on that desert lakeside shore?
If hands did grasp and hearts did gasp as He called them all his friends.
Do you think they even thought about this New Kingdom lens? 

I wonder how you respond to such amazing love?
To understand that God did leave his throne above, 
To walk down that broken road and carry His own cross,
To die for you and pay the price so you would not be lost.
Does it make you want to love your neighbor and with those you don’t agree?
I pray our eyes are open to the ones we do not see.
I pray that from our eyes all those scales would soon fall
Our hearts would change, our minds renewed---and give our love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment